Join us for Networking Lunch at Annual
By Amanda Jones, ASAS National Graduate Director
Join us for a Networking Lunch on Monday, July 10, from 12:00 to 2:00 PM at the 2017 ASAS-CSAS Annual Meeting! The Networking Lunch is a great way to invest in your future, engage with fellow ASAS members and catalyze connections within Animal Science!
The Networking Lunch welcomes all animal science members to allow networking between and within peer groups. Come meet new people, share your research, connect with potential mentors/mentees, create potential collaborations, learn about job opportunities and more! Be sure to add this event to your registration. Cost is just $10.
Here is what the networking lunch can do for you:
- Identify candidates for job openings, graduate positions or postdoc positions.
- Meet new professionals in your area of research.
- Discuss research with potential collaborators.
- Share your university or company brand.
- Meet leaders in animal science.
- Connect with potential mentors to continue graduate or postdoc studies.
- Expand your social network.
Make the most of the networking lunch:
- Know your goal or purpose for attending the event.
- Be prepared and bring your business card.
- Be bold, introduce yourself and shake hands with someone new.
- Be able to describe yourself and research in an elevator speech.
- Find a commonality, shared interest or personal connection to carry the conversation.
- Follow up on new connections within 24 hours.